[NBLUG/talk] [WLUG] Mplayer and Fedora 8

Scott Doty scott at ponzo.net
Mon Jan 14 13:24:36 PST 2008

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 01:50:17PM -0800, Bob Blick wrote:
> Tell me again, why do people use Fedora? This is actually a serious
> question. Because I know why people use RedHat and CentOS, they want
> "enterprise grade" linux, but Fedora is meant to be a desktop linux.
> What's good about it, especially since there are so many other popular
> desktop distributions?

You got to be kidding me.  That's like asking, "what's so good about the
Subaru Impreza WRX STI, when there are so many other cars available?".

Having said that, I refuse to be baited into a religious war -- just suffice
to say that "some of us really like Fedora", mmmkay? :) :)

   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraMyths

 -Scott