[NBLUG/talk] EEEPc

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Tue Jul 1 08:14:34 PDT 2008

Well, I did it, I ordered an Asuse EEE Pc..  I got the 4G version.. I
was wondering, do you guys stick with the version of linux that it
comes with, or do you strip it and install something else?  Anyone
have much luck with the latest ubuntu on it?  I read that with 7.10
there were issues with the wireless card and you had to install
mad-wifi stuff..  Will I need to deal with that with 8.4?

Funny thing, I started out buying a Nokia N810  (I have a 770
already), and although this device was pretty cool, it really was to
hard to see.. So I sent it back, and in exchange orded the EEE PC for
$349.00.. 5 minutes after I ordered it, the product page for the one I
ordered went to "No longer available" status.. so I was worried I was
not going to get what I ordered.. But as of today, it is shipped..
woohoo..

Anyways any opinions on how ubuntu 8.4 runs on it would be
appreciated.. I already found the walk through on installing it, and
it looks pretty straight forward.  Should be fun.

-Steve

--
"Knowing others is wisdom; Knowing the self is enlightenment;
Mastering others requires force; Mastering the self needs strength." -