[NBLUG/talk] EEEPc

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Tue Jul 1 17:06:04 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 4:10 PM, steven smith <sjs at sonic.net> wrote:
> I've been thinking about ordering one too.  I've seen 'em
> for $250 on ebay with expanded memory and an 8G sdk chip.
> I'm seriously considering one for travel purposes.  The
> small display makes me a little reluctant though...

Yeah, I was a little worried the screen too, but after using the Nokia
N810, I think this is going to seem huge haha

> You might want to look at ubuntu's "netbook remix."
> https://launchpad.net/netbook-remix
> http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=netbook+remix&search_type=&aq=1&oq=netbook
> It's 8.04 tailored for the smaller computers, and I think
> they have the desktop set up to make it more useful on the
> small screen.

I will for sure check this out, once it arrives..  I think I will
install ubuntu on it, mainly because it supports compiz, and hey, you
can never have to much eye candy. (lol right..)

> Good luck and keep us posted.

I will.

-Steve

--
"Knowing others is wisdom; Knowing the self is enlightenment;
Mastering others requires force; Mastering the self needs strength." -