[NBLUG/talk] EEEPc

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Wed Jul 2 11:40:21 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Sean <seanvanco at gmail.com> wrote:
> Steve, from my reading the Eee PC Xandros is a fork of Debian, and as
> such uses apt for package management. I don't think it comes with
> Synaptic pre-installed, but that's something you should be able to
> take care of at the command line.

Cool, then I think I will stick with Xandros for a while.. I'm an apt
user, and really never used synaptic, so that's not a problem for me.

> I've read alot of reviews on the Eee, and it looks like a neat device
> but I'm personally looking for something with a slightly larger
> screen. The 100-pound (don't know how to make the british currency
> symbol in Linux) laptop is more like it, but with the current currency
> exchange it's just too expensive.

Do you have a URL for this unit?  My main attraction to the EEE was
that it was small enough that it wasn't a pain in the butt to drag
across campus to meetings.  Where my XPS1210 was light, it took to
long to boot up, so that was the second attraction, quick power up,
and shutdowns.  But I am always on the look out for better toys..

> Have fun with your new "toy"!

Thanks :)

-Steve

--
"Knowing others is wisdom; Knowing the self is enlightenment;
Mastering others requires force; Mastering the self needs strength." -