[NBLUG/talk] Questiion re: dual head vid cards

David Lehman itsabstract at gmail.com
Sun May 25 18:35:22 PDT 2008

Hi Jim,

Most new cards support dual monitors, I have nvidia and love them.  (I
actually have two cards running one monitor, the exact opposite of what you
want.)

You will need to either mess with the bios or move a jumper on your
motherboard though, if you already have onboard video.  It's really not a
big deal, but if you move a jumper make sure its the right one and you are
holding the case with your opposite hand.  (to dissipate static charges.)

The 8800GTS 512MB card has now dropped to under $200, much to my dismay,
lol.  If you can get one of those I would highly suggest it.  Very good card
and renders through shader 3.0.

David