[NBLUG/talk] #se7en -- http://windows7sins.org/

Scott Doty scott at ponzo.net
Fri Aug 28 13:51:39 PDT 2009

On 08/28/2009 12:38 PM, Gil Seiler wrote:
> Scott, in a free society, one has a right to use or not use a
> program.  I don't pay or use products which I don't like e.g Apple
> (had a Mac), locked music cd's and only use windows cause open source
> doesn't have a replacement for a couple of programs.  I use Ubuntu 98%
> of the time.  If I could get the USB to work on visualbox, I would be
> 1000% happy.
>
> If people complain and don't like windows, don't use or buy it!

I'm not sure where you are coming from.

Yes, I don't buy their OS, and I'm only "using" it in cases where their
DRM (itself unethical) infringes on _my_ right to not use their software.

It is also "my right" to point to resources which contain facts that
support my position that MSFT does not act with acceptable business
ethics.  Since this is one reason to drop #se7en and adopt Linux on the
desktop, I think it is highly on-topic for this mailing list.

Don't like it?  It's "your right" to disagree, too...but please don't
imply that *I* somehow am infringing on people's rights.

BTW, how do you like Linux so far? :)

- Scott