[NBLUG/talk] Fedora 10 virtual box using kvm...

Scott Doty scott at corp.sonic.net
Fri Jan 16 09:57:39 PST 2009

Andrew wrote:
> Scott Doty wrote on Thu, 15 Jan 2009 19:38:01 -0800:
>

>> http://ponzo.net/newshawk/win7-2.png
>>

> Looks like that's using QEMU.
I should have explained:  Fedora 10 (specifically, libvirt and virt-manager)
use qemu to provide kvm.  (And virt-manager doesn't give you a choice of
anything else, when creating a virt & you can run kvm.)

>  Here it is under VirtualBox:
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/fatbloke/entry/windows_7_on_virtualbox

Nice. :)

The first screenshot shows "VT-x/AMD-V: Disabled", and later on, the
blog goes on to talk
about a "guest additions" installation.  If I understand it correctly,
the nice thing
about kvm (or kvm via qemu, or any other Vanderpool CPU support) is that you
don't need anything special in the virt itself to get it to work, it is
"fully virtualized".

 -Scott