[NBLUG/talk] More on Comcast slowdown

Roger House rhouse at sonic.net
Thu Oct 1 14:54:39 PDT 2009

Regarding the Comcast slowdown:  I received an email from a person in
Cazadero saying "I've  noticed dramatically lower speeds for the last
ten days or so.  Anecdotally, just about the time Comcast announced the
new 'speed increases'."

Then at lunch today with a group of programmers, two said essentially the
same thing:  For the last 10 days Comcast Internet access has been very
poor.  So, at this point I've heard complaints from

    Cazadero and three places in rural Sebastopol:  Fiori Lane,
    Wagnon Rd., and Barnett Valley Rd.

One person at today's lunch said that this is starting to look like an
intentional action on the part of Comcast to force customers to upgrade
to their new "higher" speeds which seem to be the same speeds we've been
getting for years.

Are there FCC regulations about this?  Does it fall under the PUC?
Any ideas on how to deal with this?

Roger House