[NBLUG/talk] dd_rescue help

gandalf at sonic.net gandalf at sonic.net
Wed Feb 16 12:38:07 PST 2011

First the cold pack is to extend the time of working from the freezer trick. I doubt it will do it all by itself, but it should be able to keep a chilled drive cold for an extended period giving you more time to get stuff off.

Second, the other guys are right. The freezer trick is destructive. I would try other methods first. It puts water into the inside of the drive and that will typically kill a drive in short order even if it's otherwise fine.

(imagine a cute or dirty tagline here)

 On Wed 16/02/11 12:00 PM , Howard Schnirman howardas at pacbell.net sent: