[NBLUG/talk] Need Home for Dell Power Vault 114T

Howard howardas at pacbell.net
Thu Jul 7 13:56:53 PDT 2011

  1. They are arrogant. I once gave some advice to one of their senior
staffers, since I knew a better method for
what he was trying to do. Instead of just saying thanks, he gets all
bent out of shape.

2. They price their equipment just below the price for new equipment.
Today's prices for old goods. I think they
gauge uninformed buyers. And this is pretty insulting when everything
they get is donated. The sales is pure profit.

3. Most of the equipment gets sold to Resellers, and probably ends up
getting smoten in China creating a toxic waste.
I think they could put more equipment to use than they are shipping.

The first two are direct experience. The last is what I've heard through
persons working in the education system about
trying to obtain equipment. Too many hurdles to get stuff.