[NBLUG/talk] How to configure sendmail

Robert P. Thille list-nblug-talk at rangat.org
Mon Dec 3 20:23:11 PST 2012

On Dec 2, 2012, at 10:09 AM, Kyle Rankin wrote:

> Are you married to using sendmail? It looks like concrete5 is a
> content
> management system and I would be surprised to hear it wouldn't work
> with
> any decent SMTP server. I would recommend trying postfix instead. The
> configuration syntax is simple and straightforward.

And even if it doesn't speak SMTP, but wants to invoke the 'sendmail'
command to inject the message, postfix has a 'sendmail' command which
is (mostly) compatible and performs injection into a postfix setup.

On Dec 2, 2012, at 9:54 AM, Todd Cary wrote:

> My smtp provider is smtp.sonic.net and it requires user name and
> password.  Is there a simple example that could guide me on setting
> the parameters in sendmail.mc?  I believe doing the "make" after is
> straight forward.

In fact, it looks like you can setup Concrete5 to use an external SMTP
server.

http://www.concrete5.org/documentation/how-tos/designers/using-google-apps-for-your-outgoing-mail/

You should be able to use those instructions to figure out how to
point your Concrete5 install at sonic.net for your outgoing SMTP server.

Robert

--
Robert Thille                7575 Meadowlark Dr.; Sebastopol, CA 95472
Voice:707.861.0042       IM:rthille      http://www.rangat.org/rthille