[NBLUG/talk] Ubuntu 12.04->14.04 upgrade gone awry

Lincoln Peters anfrind at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 21:43:02 PDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 8:57 PM, Mitch Patenaude <patenaude at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know why I always forget how painful the upgrade process is, but
> I've managed to once again render my ubuntu machine almost unusable, and I'm
> hoping that somebody here can help.

I don't have any additional ideas, but I will say that fact that
Ubuntu seems to get screwed up after every upgrade is what finally
persuaded me to switch from Ubuntu to CentOS 6.  Yes, it has a longer
release cycle and therefore isn't as up-to-date, but thus far none of
the upgrades I've done have rendered any of my machines unusable.

That being said, I haven't tried upgrading from CentOS 6 to 7 yet.

--
Lincoln Peters
<anfrind at gmail.com>