[NBLUG/talk] When to buy a laptop? Where's the "sweet spot" these days?

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 14:36:44 PST 2014

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Steve S. <northbaygeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> <heh>  And are you drooling yet over the SX60 HS?

Honestly, I'm not planning to get another camera until I'm ready to make
the leap to a DSLR. I am reasonably good at keeping my upgrade-itis in
check. :-)

> Also, check not just the *product* reviews but the VENDOR !

This was at a Best Buy physical location, so I knew pretty well what I was
getting into. (Skip the extra warranty they try to sell you, and you're
good.) The only thing missing was the strap, and the box was clearly
labelled as missing that piece. (Okay, part of the manual was missing too,
but that was apparently the OEM's fault in my case.)

I've never been brave enough to buy electronics from obscure shady-looking
retailers, on-line or off-line.

William Tracy
afishionado at gmail.com
(408) 685-4819