[NBLUG/talk] Liability Ins.

CRF sthgirotpyrc at cryptorights.org
Sun Jan 6 18:04:19 PST 2019

On 06 Jan 2019, at 5:39 pm, Allan Cecil <ac at sonic.net> wrote:

> We looked at a variety of insurance options which ranged from $100 to well into the thousands (this appears to fall in line with the less expensive options). All insurance options come with the problem that NBLUG does not have any source of revenue. We've never required dues and requiring them adds a fair bit of complexity. We instead picked the option that costs nothing and allows us to continue to exist as-is; if you haven't read the announce post on the topic please do so.

I find it interesting that energy was expended on researching insurance costs when a FREE option had been made available. I'm not second-guessing anyone here, but passing up 'free as in freedom' AND 'free as in free lunch'? One would have thought CryptoRights' offer was pretty nicely aligned with NBLUG's budget and didn't require moving the long-standing location or really doing much of anything.

More fool me! :-)

~dave