[SoCoSA/discuss] USB + PS/2 KVM ?

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Fri Jun 2 15:01:05 PDT 2006

I've found the USB Keyboard/Mouse to be less reliable as a bunch. It's
probably getting better, but I prefer to keep everything on ps/2
connecotors and only use USB for more real applications. This isn't
exactly your question, but it might help.

We have a Trendnet TK-801R 8 port KVM. I have a small keyboard hooked up
to it and a stock white M$ optical mouse (USB) with the ps/2 converter.
It's always worked real good. It ran $200ish and the cords were about $10
each. It also has keyboard shortcuts so you can switch without physically
pushing the buttons on it. Works great in our M$/Linux environment.