[SoCoSA/discuss] WinXP -- map a network drive before hardware?

Kevan Benson kbenson at a-1networks.com
Wed May 3 12:13:03 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 11:36, Steve S. wrote:
> On 5/3/06, Christopher Wagner <waggie at waggie.net> wrote:
> > Hi Steve!
> >
> > I think it's possible to do it the other way around.  You should be able
> > to specify a drive letter for the card reader interface(s) in the device
> > properties.
>
> Well, Chris... *I* think I should, too.  But that's just a statement
> about personal preference... even though I "should" be able to -- I
> can't.  :(

From http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article02-024

Windows 2000 and Windows XP

    * Open the Disk Management console (diskmgmt.msc).
    * Right-click on any drive, and select Change drive letter and path.
    * Windows will let you know if the drive letter cannot be changed for some
reason.

So the option looks to be available in the management console, but possibly
not in the plain "properties" of the device or the device manager.

--
- Kevan Benson
- A-1 Networks