[SoCoSA/discuss] OE6 - chimes on *check*?

Trevor Benson tbenson at a-1networks.com
Thu May 18 11:55:42 PDT 2006

May not help at all, but I would start by checking control panel/sounds.
See if some custom scheme has been added, there is a spot for new mail
sound but I don't see anything specific for checking mail.

My biggest guess is the check operation is covered by one of the other
default sounds, but just not explained well that the check action
coincides.  When this happens I usually have to peruse the list playing
them until I find the matching sound, and change it before checking for
mail.  There are a couple in the sound system that are like this, they
relate to actions but there is no clear explanation as to what the
correlation is (or at least until you find it).

Trevor

On
> Behalf Of Steve S.
> Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 10:08 AM
> To: discuss at socosa.org
> Subject: [SoCoSA/discuss] OE6 - chimes on *check*?
>
> H'lo, all -- got an odd problem with Outlook Express 6; my 1st pass
thru
> Google
> didn't help me (search 1 -- 5 results, none relevant; search 2 -- 900
> results,
> 1st 3 pages irrelevant but haven't gone through all of 'em); over on
> microsoft.com
> it's 7000-11000 results.  :-/     I suspect I need better
search-terms.