[SoCoSA/discuss] Outlook+Mac compatible group calendar?

Steve S. northbaygeek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 14:01:52 PST 2006

I may have asked here before... if so, apologies!

I'm looking for a calendar with group/share features so that
workgroups can schedule meetings etc.  We're a Win-centric
(MS-Outlook) shop, but with some Mac users.

Currently, everthing I've found fails one or both of two key needs:

1. Compatible with both MS-Outlook and Mac OS-X Entourage (Thunderbird
would also be nice, but I may be dreaming... )

2. Events marked "Private" must be visible as "busy" but without
details.  Mostly, I'm finding, anything marked "private" is simply not
visible -- it shows as open time, to colleagues looking for an open
slot, and they CAN schedule into the same timeslot, no matter how
high-priority the event is.

I *think* that MS-Exchange does this... but honestly, I'm hoping to
avoid Exchange as its MUCH more high-end than we need, priced
accordingly, and has the reputation of being a real bear to admin...

THANKS for any advice or input!

- Steve