[SoCoSA/discuss] snmpd

Dustin Mollo dustin at wiredgoats.com
Mon Dec 31 09:39:49 PST 2007

Sean wrote:
> I noticed something odd this morning... when working with the snmpwalk
> command, when I ran the command to check itself, but using an IP address or
> hostname instead of localhost, I got the "Timeout: No response" error
> message. If I use localhost instead, it gives me a response.

sean,

you have made mention of VMs and vmware, yet you haven't given a clear
description of the environment and all the tools you are using.  perhaps
you could clarify which vmware products you are using and from where
(vmware host, guest, some 3rd platform....) you are trying to run these
various snmp commands.  a better description of the environment you're
working in would go a long way.

-dustin