[NBLUG/talk] New distro options

A'fish'ionado afishionado1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 12 12:34:10 PDT 2004

Xandros has created a free, redistributable version of
their distribution:

http://www.xandros.com/products/home/desktopoc/dsk_oc_intro.html

That might be handy to have along with some Knoppix
CDs while proselytizing. ;-)

http://www.linuxshootout.com/ is offering Lindows,
Mandrake, and Fedora in one box, which might be good
for new Linux users as well. I'm only moderately
interested in Mandrake (I've already got the download
version on CD), and completely uninterested in Fedora
(all this weird business about paying for security
updates) or Lindows (come on!), so I'm not buying it
myself. It might be good for new Linux people, though.
:-)

(I would like to see an equivalent option with a
selection of the more "hard-core" Linux flavors in one
box, though.)

=====
(See http://www.geekcode.com/geek.html)