[NBLUG/talk] How to change "new session" timeout in Kubuntu?

Lincoln Peters anfrind at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 22:51:43 PST 2010

My parents' computer (which I heavily upgraded over the Christmas
weekend) works pretty nicely for the most part, but when running at
full 1920x1200 resolution, if it switches screen modes (e.g. power on,
start Xorg, switch sessions), the screen goes blank and stays blank
for 52 seconds (measured on a stopwatch).  For the most part it's just
an annoyance, but when you start a new session, the KDM login screen
times out after 60 seconds, leaving only 8 seconds between when the
screen un-blanks and when the login screen times out.

Is there a way to increase that timeout length, e.g. to two minutes?
They're running Kubuntu 9.10, and Google seems to be failing me on
this one.

--
Lincoln Peters
<anfrind at gmail.com>