[NBLUG/Announce] General Meeting (2006/05/09): Gaming on GNU/Linux

Kyle Rankin kyle at nblug.org
Fri May 5 07:39:54 PDT 2006

Start: 2006/05/09 - 7:30pm
End: 2006/05/09 - 9:00pm
Location:
O'Reilly, Sebastopol, CA
http://nblug.org/genloc

   Sometimes it seems like as a community we take ourselves too seriously.
   We run serious applications and our most important economic demographic
   is large corporations with men in very expensive suits. Maybe the reason
   there aren't many Linux based home computers is that we're all not
   playing enough games.

   Stephen Cilley and Paul Peterson present gaming in GNU/Linux. They will
   discussing several modern (and not so modern) games and bitch about
   *ahem* ... discuss the difficulty involved in their use. They will
   present the modern alternatives in video cards, processors, and do their
   best to avoid the holy war while discussing distribution and windows
   managers. They will demonstrate the use and futility of win32 API
   implementations in Linux along with native free games and native
   non-free games.

   You might learn something, you might not, but you will have fun.

We are always looking for speakers, so if you or anyone you know
would like to give a presentation to a group of friendly nerds please
send an email to speakers at nblug.org .

--
Kyle Rankin
NBLUG President