[NBLUG/talk] recommendations for distro

Steve srj at adnd.com
Fri Nov 21 10:20:04 PST 2003

I see this all the time.  It seems anythime there is a security update teh
demo accounts have to wait a day or 2 before they can download the patch.
This is the main reason I switched to debian on my home machine and all my
new builds at work are debian.

-Steve

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 09:20:18AM -0800, Dave Rohling wrote:
> Speaking of RedHat...
>
> 	I saw that there were updates available last night. When I tried to
> update my system with my demo account, I received a message that said "demo
> account disabled due to heavy usage". How come that's the first time I've
> seen that message in years? Almost seems like they're gonna leave everyone
> hanging if they don't pay. Same old story, I guess. I saw this coming. Time
> to switch distros for me.
>
> - Dave

----
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
                                                   -- Lao-Tzu