APCI v. APM for laptops Was RE: [NBLUG/talk] Fujitsu P2120

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Mon Sep 8 19:47:00 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 19:21, Doug Palmer wrote:
> Since the subject came up, can you guys point me at a HOWTO for this?
> I've got a pile of Dell Inspiron 1100's that need to run Linux. I've got
> RedHat 9 running on mine OK, but apm is way wrong.

I had a problem with apm on the IBM Thinkpad R31.  When I ran APM in X
(like a battery meter or something), the mouse would go crazy.  I
eventually got to the point where I opened a terminal to run 'apm', if I
wanted to check it at all.  Or left it plugged in most of the time.

Jeremy
--
Jeremy Turner <jeremy at linuxwebguy.com>
The LinuxWebGuy