[NBLUG/talk] Mail Help

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Fri Jul 30 17:25:07 PDT 2004

Well I figured out how to have procmail not do that, but I don't see how
to have popa3d configure to handle them. It's probably not set up for such
things. Didn't figure out how to have popa3d run as a daemon yet. I'll
have to trace that down, the man page says use popa3d -D but I haven't
found the scripts for it yet. Perhaps I have to write them myself.
Probably serves me right for an RPM install.

As far as I know there is no IMAP server on this machine. But then there
could be and nobody mentioned it. Pine and elm don't even seem to be
installed and pine needed so many dependencies I just broke down and used
vi. An IMAP server might be a great thing, but I don't really think I have
use for one. On the other hand these mailboxes are going to be of great
use to me.

What I did need was pop3 and SMTP routing virtual domains now (or better
yet the day before yesterday). Now I'm on to transferring 576 domains to
the DNS on this server and setting up the mysql database to interact with
them. Really pretty simple stuff. I get to do billing processes on Monday
and Tuesday I have to have the domains all completed. Then starting
Wednesday I have to transfer interactive customer login service that
interacts with a server in LA and make it work. Once that's done perhaps
they'll let me transfer our main mail services off verio (who is sucking
real bad at the moment with 421 errors coming out like bullets) to this
server and we can stop the 3 hour lag for intra-office email.