[NBLUG/talk] OT: Old Mac fans?

Justin Thiessen thiessen at sonic.net
Tue Jan 11 19:22:21 PST 2005

Hi,

The Mac Plus came with a 68000 processor.  Pretty much everything Unix-like
for the pre-PPC Mac that you're going to find will require at a minimum a
68020 with a 68851 PMMU (memory management chip), or a 68030 or newer Motorola
chip, which limits you to the Mac II or newer.

(A little bit later....)  Hm - looks like you might be able to run a
version of Minix (MacMinix).  Try googling for the latest versions.  No
guarantee that you'll even get TCP networking...  Still, might be fun.

Justin