[NBLUG/talk] Contract or Full Time Job Available BizBuySell/LoopNet

Jerry Rodgers jrodgers at bizbuysell.com
Mon Jun 19 16:26:28 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am new to this user group and hope it is ok to post for current job
opportunities.  We have two positions open that we are trying to fill in the
North Bay or SF. Ideally in our San Anselmo office.  The contractor position
must meet the first job requirement below. The FTE we are a little more
flexible on and are considering folks who have C/C++ and then moved into
.NET and are not necessarily Linux folks.

The details of the job are below.

BizBuySell is seeking a highly motivated individual to be a Senior Developer
in either our Marin or San Francisco office. You will be part of a multi
person, highly skilled development team working with existing C/C++ CGI
applications. You will be integral in determining and implementing the next
generation of the BizBuySell technology platform. We plan to move off of our
C/C++ platform and it is highly likely we will use the Microsoft .Net
technology stack. You will work closely with other senior developers and
departments (quality assurance, marketing, client services, and product
management) to design and develop new web based products and features.
Development is done in a collaborative process where your input and
expertise will help influence the overall requirements and design.  This is
a great position for a self motivated "out of the box" thinker.

Requirements:

Highly proficient in C and C++ CGI application development as well as Make.
Experience with Apache, Tomcat and MySQL running under RedHat Linux a must.

3-5 years experience with internet UI software development (HTML,
Javascript, DHTML, CSS, etc)

Experience with mission critical, high volume (500k+ hits a day), web-based
systems preferred

Strong computer system analysis and design skills in current methodologies
including object oriented programming.

Experience with current Microsoft development tools a plus, especially C#,
ASP.NET, SQL Server and Internet Services.

Experience with Java a plus; specifically JSP, custom tag library
development, struts and Oracle TopLink.

Excellent written and verbal communication skills

Strong analytical and problem solving skills

Ability to prioritize and multi-task while working well with a team

BS degree in computer science or related field

Please feel free to contact me jrodgers at bizbuysell.com

Thanks,

Jerry