[NBLUG/talk] Cell Tower Upgrades in Sebastopol

Steve S. northbaygeek at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 08:47:55 PST 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 1:46 AM, Christopher Wagner <waggie at waggie.net> wrote:

> Personally, I support the upgrade, it'll will add 4G coverage in Sebastopol
> and despite claims by the opposition, my research indicates this will
> actually reduce overall EMF radiation (newer wireless technologies are far
> more efficient).

While I'm essentially in agreement with you -- I'd like to see
more/better coverage -- I have to note that ADDING the 4G won't STOP
the older service (at least not for some years... not until pre-4G
phones (and the signal that serves them) fall out of use).  The net
load of radiation will thus be higher (for those years)...

:-/

- Steve S.